The latest build of the Yalu jailbreak for iOS 10.2 is out. Currently, the jailbreak supports only a few devices.
Yalu jailbreak iOS 10.2 is definitely great news for the folks who love using Cydia tweaks to customize their iPhone. But, it isn’t yet completely ready. Hence, you should be a bit cautious about installing it. I would recommend you to try this jailbreak on your secondary iOS device just for testing purpose and wait for the final version of the jailbreak to arrive.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10-10.2 on iPhone and iPad with yalu102
Things You Need to Know:
- Yalu jailbreak supports iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone SE and iPad Pro.
- It does not support iOS devices like iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus,
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2.
- It’s compatible with iOS 0-10.2.
- It’s a semi-tethered jailbreak. Hence, whenever you restart your iOS device, you will need to launch the Yalu app to re-jailbreak it.
- In terms of functionality, it’s very similar to Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3.
- As per reports, the jailbreak will support all 64-bit devices later.
- You need Cydia Impactor app for Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- You will also need Yalu beta application, in .ipa format to jailbreak your device.
- Must back up your device via iCloud or iTunes before going through the process.
Step #2. Open Cydia Impactor and connect your iOS device to your computer
Step #3. Next, you need to drag the yalu102.ipa onto Cydia Impactor and then hit Start.
Step #4. When asked, you have to enter Apple ID.
Note: In case, two-step verification is not enabled for your Apple ID, simply enter your Apple ID passwords. If two-step verification has been enabled, you need to log into the Apple ID website to create an app-specific password. Then, you have to enter that password into Impactor.
Step #5. After Impactor has successfully installed the .ipa file, the yalu102 app will appear on the Home screen of your iOS device.
Then, launch Settings app on your iOS device → General → Device Management.
Step #6. Next up, you will have to select the profile related to the Apple ID which you have entered into Impactor.
Step #7. Up next, tap on Trust button. Now, go to the Home screen and launch the yalu102 app. Then, tap on Go button to jailbreak your device.
Step #8. Once your iOS device has successfully been Jailbroken, it will respring. When it restarts, you will see Cydia app on the Home screen.
That’s it! You have Jailbroken your iPhone running iOS 10.2… Now, make the most of all those compatible jailbreak tweaks.
Note: Just in case, Cydia doesn’t appear on the screen, make sure that profile is trusted, reboot your device and run the yalu102 app again.