Jailbreaking any iDevice can be a cumbersome task for you, as you might need the support either of a Mac or a Windows PC. But if you want to come back to the original set-up of iPhone, i.e. if you want to UnJailbreak your iPhone or iPad, it’s quite easier.
Unlike Jailbreaking the device, removing Jailbreak doesn’t require any other system support. You can do this from your iDevice only. So, if you want to return to your stock iOS firmware, here is a simple method. You can remove Jailbreak by using Cydia Impactor.
Before you remove Jailbreak, here are a few points to ponder:
- Cydia Impactor works only on iOS 8.1 through iOS 8.4; it doesn’t support iPod touch 6th.
- Cydia Impactor will delete all the data, apps and settings available on your iPhone; hence, you must take a backup of your device via iTunes or iCloud.
- While you are using Cydia Impactor to remove Jailbreak, do not perform any other function on your iDevice.
- Your device should be fully charged as this process might consume more battery.
- A working internet connection is required.
Once you have gone through the above points, you are now ready to remove Jailbreak from your iDevice.
How to Remove Jailbreak from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using Cydia Impactor
Step #1. Open Cydia.
Step #2. Find Cydia Impactor and install on your iDevice.
Step #3. After successful installation, you will see a new icon on the home screen that reads Impactor.
Step #4. Tap on Impactor; once opened, this tweak will give you a set of instructions to go through.
Step #5. After reading all the instructions, tap on “delete all data and unjailbreak device”.
Step #6. In the middle of this process, your device will restart several times; but do not perform any other action in between.
Step #7. When the process is completed, you will be asked to set up your iDevice and activate the same. Now you can restore your data from iCloud and iTunes.
Your iDevice is now returned to its original set up made by Apple.